If you have not filed your taxes yet, it would be a good idea to file for an extension now. Filing an extension is easy and worthwhile if you have not done your taxes yet. You don’t even need a reason why you are filing an extension if you follow the rules. Here’s a few things to remember:
- Filing an extension means you are asking for more time to file your taxes.
- Filing an extension has to do with the paperwork not money.
- If you are expecting to owe money, make a payment with your extension to avoid fees and penalties later
- Filing an extension can be done online. Ask your accountant how.
- It is better to file for an extension than it is to file a sloppy incomplete return.
- You will have six months to complete your return if you get the extension.
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions 602-265-5276